Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Gringo Chicken Tortilla Soup

Some nights you want an easy recipe for a home cooked meal and fast. I am really liking my Gringo Salsa recipes – this is the second one I have posted about, but the third one I have made.

I found Gringo Salsa one day while shopping on the Hill in St. Louis. I was at Di Gregorio’s, one of the major Italian markets on the Hill. Anyway, on Saturdays, they sometimes have tastings, and I was lucky enough to try Gringo Meatloaf one time. Meatloaf isn’t one of my favorite meals, but this meatloaf and the one I blogged about recently I really liked.

Back to dinner – tonight I made Gringo Chicken Tortilla Soup. Not only was it an easy recipe, Tortilla Soup is one of my favorite soups in the whole wide world. My friend, Dottie, makes the best Tortilla Soup in the world. This recipe, though, is really easy; not as good as Dottie’s, but pretty good nonetheless. When I make this again, I will add green onions and tomatoes, for a fresher taste. The cheese really smoothes out the flavors, and the spice of the salsa really adds a kick to the soup. if you don’t have Gringo Salsa in your area – it is a local product, any black bean and corn salsa should be fine.

Gringo Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 cup cooked chicken cubed – I think shredded would be better
1 jar of Gringo Black Bean and Corn Salsa
1 lb Velveeta cubed
2- 15 oz. cans chicken broth – I used stock
1 15 oz. can corn – drained

Stir broth, chicken, salsa, and corn together, simmer 10 minutes. Add cubed Velveeta, stir and simmer until melted. Serve with tortilla chips and sour cream, if desired. For variation – add cooked rice.

Have a great evening! Check out this link for information on Gringo Salsa!

1 comment:

J Dog said...

i love food lol :)