Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sauteed Chicken with Pan Sauce

I bought some chicken at the store and wanted to cook it a different way. I usually roast in the oven with salt, pepper, olive oil, and whatever seasoning I want. This time, I decided to sauté it and make a pan sauce to go with the chicken. It made for a good entrée. I served it with some buttered garlic noodles. My kids thought the chicken was wonderful! I can’t wait to make it again for them. I added Dijon to the mix – it added a fresh little zing to the sauce that enhanced the flavor of the chicken. Enjoy!






Sautéed Chicken with Pan Sauce

3 chicken breasts
3 chicken thighs
Flour for dredging
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp
2 shallots, thinly sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup white wine or chicken stock/broth
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp butter
1/3 cup parsley chopped

Pound chicken with meat mallet until about ¼ inch thick. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Season the flour with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, coating chicken.

Put 2 tbsp of oil in a large heated skillet – medium high heat. When oil is heated place chicken -in skillet, in two batches if necessary. Don’t crowd the chicken in the skillet. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through. Remove from pan – set aside on serving platter.

Put rest of oil in pan and sauté garlic and shallots until softened. Deglaze with wine, cook down a bit. Add butter and Dijon, stir to combine. Add parsley, stir gently to combine. Drizzle sauce over chicken, serve.

This dish is really versatile. Instead of shallots and garlic, one can use mushrooms, capers, sun-dried tomatoes; anything that works.

Next entry is a soup that uses my favorite gringo salsa! Have a great day!

3 comments: