Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chicken Dinner - Part Three of Three (Chicken Casserole)

One of the first meals I made for Hubby before we were married was this chicken dish. I remember my mom making it and always saying that it was great for company. A tasty filling meal that required very little effort. I guess Hubby liked it. He married me and he still eats my cooking!

This is one of the easiest chicken dishes. I am going to give the basic recipe here, but you can add or change the recipe however your tastes go.

Chicken Dinner Casserole

4-5 boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper
1 cup white wine
2 14 oz cans cream of chicken soup
2 14 oz cans cream of mushroom soup
1 slice Swiss cheese for every chicken breast
Stuffing croutons

Place chicken breasts in casserole dish. Pour wine over chicken. Place one piece of cheese on each breast. Combine soups in a separate bowl and pour over chicken mixture. Pour stuffing on top of chicken mixture. Cover with foil and place in preheated 350 degree oven for one hour. Remove foil for last 15-20 minutes of cooking to brown the top. Remove from oven – check chicken for doneness. Allow to sit for five minutes and serve.

This time, though, I dredged the chicken in seasoned flour (salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian seasonings) and sautéed to brown the chicken before cooking in the oven. I thought that was a nice touch, if you have the time.

My next entry will showcase a Julia Child dinner my friends and I are making. Should be fun and interesting! See ya soon!

No comments: