Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Taste and Create - Swimming Pasta

Ok, so I am late once again with Taste and Create. I got all caught up with the Julia dinner this past weekend – post to come in a bit – and Thanksgiving which is tomorrow! Tonight’s dinner was my Taste and Create, a pasta dish I found on my partner, Sweet and Savory’s blog. She has tons of yummy looking treats. Head over there and snoop around. She won’t mind!

Anyway, I made her swimming spaghetti, and it was a hit at our house. I did make a couple of changes, but I will note those. Try this on a busy night – it was a snap to make!

1 can of whole tomatoes (I used crushed) – 28 oz can
½ tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
¼ tsp salt
Dash pepper
1 box of medium thickness spaghetti (I used fettuccini)
Shredded mozzarella cheese (I had Provel)
Shredded Parmesan
Sugar – I didn’t use any as I had San Marzano tomatoes, which are already sweet
2 cloves minced garlic – I added this
1 cup red wine

Cook pasta as directed on box. If you use whole tomatoes, I suggest whizzing them in the food processor or taking a knife to them so you are dealing with smaller pieces.

Sauté garlic in olive oil until softened. Add spices and deglaze with wine. Add tomatoes bring to a low boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes.

Another add-on to this dish would be broccoli or zucchini or even green beans. That would add some color to the dish as well as taste.

Have a great holiday – Julia dinner to be posted next!

No comments: