Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sugar Coated Pecans

Ok, so I know that I haven’t posted in a while. I have problems when it comes to the end of the year. I have finals, Christmas, kids, and all the things that go with it. I did do a little – and I mean little – holiday cooking. I hope everyone has had a great holiday and will have a great new year!!

One of the things that I made was Sugar Coated Pecans. They were delicious. I got the recipe from one of the teachers at school. She brought some, and I really liked them. I have since given the recipe to some of my friends who have now made them for their families.

Sugar Coated Pecans

1 tbsp egg white
¼ cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon – I used more
2 cups Pecan halves

In a bowl, beat egg white until foamy. Add pecans and toss until well coated. Combine sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over pecans. Toss to coat.

Spread in a single layer on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wax paper. Yield 3 cups. Makes a great gift!

Until next entry – and I do have some more – have a great day!!

No comments: