Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin

I just found out that we will be getting a side of beef pretty soon. This means that I need to use up some of the items in my freezer to make room for our meat. One day this past summer, I found a whole tenderloin on sale so I bought it. During the holidays I decided to cook it, but I didn’t have a recipe. After talking to my mother in law and looking on line, I found an herb-crusted bef tenderloin recipe.

Since my tenderloin was about five pounds, I had to double the recipe. Cooking this recipe allowed me to kill two birds with one stone. I got to use my new non stick skillet – my old one bit the dust – and I got to try it out in the oven. Fun, fun.

This recipe turned out really well. The kids loved it, as did Hubby and I. Needless to say, we had leftovers, so last night we made tenderloin sandwiches. I sliced the tenderloin, put some Muenster cheese on top and melted in the oven. It was very tasty.

I served the tenderloin with noodles in a very light butter/olive oil sauce. I seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic, and added parmesan cheese and arugula to the mix. It was light and tasty, a perfect accent to the pasta.

Today I am cooking some of the pork I have in the freezer – I am trying a new recipe from the crock pot – I will have to let you know how that turns out.

I am trying to get the house back in order after the holidays. I am also trying to get a little more organized. I worked on the pantry last night, and will finish up today. A clean pantry is a lovely sight. Happy New Year to everyone. May 2010 be the best year yet!

2 comments:

HoneyB said...

yum, looks great Katie! We rarely get beef but when I do it is usually a roast or london broil. Happy New Year!

Katie's blog said...

Same to you HoneyB! Thanks for the comment!!