Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lemony Chicken Pasta with Garlic, Rosemary, and Thyme

Last night, I decided to cook some of the chicken in my freezer. All I did with it was drizzle with olive oil, put salt, pepper, garlic, and my new favorite grill seasoning, Soulard Grill Seasoning on it and roast for about 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

After that I decided to take a couple of the breasts that weren’t cooked through and put them in a pasta dish for dinner. I finished the cooking process when I made the pasta dish. Looking in the fridge, I found mushrooms, rosemary, thyme, parsley, and cream. I had garlic and lemons too. The following is my latest pasta creation. I was kind of looking for a fresh springy taste – it has been so cold outside, and I am ready for warmer weather.

I also made a salad for dinner – arugula, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, pancetta, and goat cheese. Yummy! I think arugula has to be one of my favorite lettuces. Romaine is a close second, and I really like bib lettuce too.

Lemony Chicken Pasta with Garlic, Rosemary, and Thyme

2 chicken breasts – sliced thinly (Mine were cooked liked I mentioned above. It added a lot of flavor)
1 lb linguine, cooked per package directions
Olive oil – two times around a large skillet
½ lb mushrooms sliced thinly
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 sprigs rosemary, minced
2 large sprigs thyme, minced
1 cup white wine
1 ½ cup chicken stock
Juice of one lemon
About ½ cup heavy cream
1 large bunch parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook pasta per package directions. While pasta is cooking, saut̩ garlic and mushrooms in olive oil in large skillet for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add chicken and herbs Рcook for 2 Р3 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked through. Deglaze with wine and lemon juice. Allow to reduce by about 1/3. Add chicken stock and bring to a slow boil. Add noodles, cream, and parsley. Stir to combine and allow sauce to thicken and pasta to absorb the flavors. Season with salt and pepper.

I really liked the pasta – the cream, while not a lot, added a lovely smooth texture to the dish and the herbs along with the lemon gave the pasta that fresh flavor I was looking for. Next time I think I will add artichokes and maybe sun dried tomatoes. there is a lot that can be done with this, many variations.

Today marks the second day I have posted pictures. I wonder what is on tap for tomorrow? Enjoy the cold weather – if you are from one of the frozen parts of the world. See you next time! Have a great day.

No comments: