Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

My 200th Post - My boys and Bob's Seafood!

I have been racking my brain about my 200th post, wondering what I should talk about. I decided to talk about my favorite two boys in the whole wide world, and our adventure to Bob’s Seafood Company, a wholesale seafood place. Talking about the boys for this post reminds me that they are the best things in my life and the greatest gift. Every day I am thankful for my family. I am also glad they like to go on these food expeditions with me…….ok, they don’t like going to the Farmer’s Market, but they like going on other food related journeys.

Yesterday, the boys and I went to Bob’s Seafood in University City. My oldest had been wanting to try lobster for the longest time. Since the price was good, I decided to go ahead and buy two. They were of course, alive when we brought them home. They both thought it was kind of cool that we had two live creatures hanging out in our fridge.

After rendering them unconscious - which meant I put them in the freezer for a while, I cooked them in boiling water until they were done, let them cool, and removed the meat from the shell. With much anticipation, I had the butter ready, dipped the lobster in it…………nope, neither of them liked the lobster. There was part of me that was very glad; now I don’t have to say no, every time they beg for it.

In addition to the lobster, we grilled some shrimp. I put olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Soulard grill seasoning, a grill seasoning that was introduced to me from a friend of mine. It hs quickly become of my go to seasonings in my pantry. We will go back to Bob’s – they are very nice and extremely helpful, and there were many other items for us to try. Just no more lobster……

So, we come to the end of my 200th post. I enjoy blogging and sharing my food and family journeys with all of you. I hope to entertain you with 200 more posts. Happy eating, and happy family time to you all!!!!

2 comments:

Ed Schenk@Detroit Eats said...

Some of my fondest memories are of eating lobster with my parents!

Katie's blog said...

I too, have those memories. I love exposing my kids to new foods!