Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Presto Pasta - Pasta with Shrimp and Clams in Tomato Sauce

Posting about soup was supposed to be next, but for some reason, I started typing about my newest pasta dish. The soup post will be next – I promise. This entry is for Presto Pasta Nights, hosted by Sara from Cupcake Muffin.

I know I haven’t participated in Presto Pasta in a while, but I thought I might give it a whirl this week. Things have just been so hectic for me this school year. This pasta dish is a combination of a couple of dishes that I have made before. I took the elements from some other pasta dishes and combined them.

I look for light, flavorful sauces that don’t have a ton of ingredients. This shrimp pasta dish really fits the bill for us. The sauce is light and healthy, but very flavorful at the same time.

Pasta with Shrimp and Clams in Fresh Tomato Sauce

1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp seasoning for shrimp – your choice
¼ cup olive oil
7 anchovy filets
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
¾ cup white wine or chicken stock
2 small cans chopped clams
1 28 oz can chopped tomatoes
1 lb linguine, cooked per package directions

Toss peeled shrimp in seasoning – let sit for 30 minutes. Cook pasta per package directions, leaving just a little al dente.

While pasta is cooking prepare sauce. In a large skillet, sauté anchovy filets over medium to medium high heat until anchovies start to melt into oil. Add garlic and shallots and sauté for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Deglaze with wine or stock. Add clams, Italian seasoning and tomatoes – break tomatoes apart if too big for your taste. Allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.

Add shrimp to sauce, cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp is cooked though. Toss pasta and parsley into sauce – let sit for 5 minutes. Serve with garlic bread and a nice salad.

Have a great evening! Talk to you soon.

6 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

I was thinking about making something like this myself. Great choice of ingredients. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Night.

Sara said...

Mmmm, this looks delicious! I'm a huge fan of seafood. :)

Katie's blog said...

Thanks for your comments! It turned out to be a fabulous dish! I love pasta.

Little Inbox said...

This looks absolutely yummy! Fantastic!

Joanne said...

What a fantastic pasta dish! It's good meals like this that get me through the hectic school year.

The Food Hunter said...

sounds yummy!