Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pecan Pie Cookies - Taste and Create


I really need to start by saying that I usually don’t like Pecan Pie. These cookies, on the other hand are very good. Trying to kill two birds with one stone, I found this recipe on No Reason Needed’s blog. Her blog is my partner blog for this month’s Taste and Create, an event hosted by Nicole from For the Love of Food. The other bird is the dessert I have to make for birthdays at school. It is my birthday partner’s ½ birthday this month. She didn’t want anything made with cream cheese, so I knew I was safe with this choice.

If you get a chance, head over to Carol’s blog. She has more than just recipes, she has all kinds of neat stories – a real family blog.

These cookies are easy to make, and extremely tasty too. My boys aren’t happy that I have to take them to school. I promised to make them a batch – probably this weekend.

Pecan Pie Cookies - from Land O Lakes - makes ~3 dozen

Cookie Ingredients:

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder

Filling Ingredients:

1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla

Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all cookie ingredients except flour and baking powder in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add flour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed. Some people suggest chilling the dough for about an hour prior to proceeding as to prevent the cookies from spreading a lot. I didn't.

Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Make indentation in each cookie with thumb; rotate thumb to hollow out slightly.

Combine all filling ingredients in small bowl; fill each cookie with 1 rounded teaspoon filling. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets.

4 comments:

MaryMoh said...

Look so pretty and delicious! I can imagine the crunch and the flavour. I love it!

Katie's blog said...

They are delish! Thanks for your comment.

Carol VR said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed them.

I'd never had pecan pie nor had the hubby or kids but we will most definitely be making these again....mmmmm.

The Food Hunter said...

They look terrific