Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chocolate Fudge Brownies - Taste and Create

I am such a procrastinator sometimes. I kept saying to myself that I had plenty of time before the 24th when my Taste and Create entry was due to be posted. Well, that day came and went, and I didn’t post. I have no excuse other than I have been busy with life. There is nothing specific, just busy, like everyone else. Anyway, without any excuses, but many apologies for being late, here is my Taste and Create entry for the month of March.

I like participating in Taste and Create. It allows me to try new and different foods for my family. This month I made chocolate fudge brownies. My oldest will be in chocolate heaven. He lives for chocolate and cheesecake.

I was partnered this month with 3 Sides of Crazy. She has a great blog with many interesting recipes. She is great in that she menu plans each day of the week. I try that, but am not always successful. I want to improve in that area.

Ok, the brownies were good, but I think maybe, I didn’t cook them long enough. Mine were a bit goopy – almost like a pudding – but the flavor was very good. The crust was firm and crunchy – a nice different texture from the softer pudding – like center I think what I liked best was how easy they were to make, and the recipe calls for ingredients that I usually have on hand.

Thanks to my blog partner for having a great recipe for me to try. I will make it again, but I will probably cook it a little longer! Have a great evening!

CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES

1/2 cup butter
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
4 eggs, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour, sifted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt butter and chocolate together slowly so it doesn't burn in a double boiler. COOL. Cooling this mixture will help keep brownies moist.
Beat together eggs and salt until light and foamy. Add sugar and vanilla alternately and gradually to the egg mixture. Add flour until uniform in texture and color. Quickly and with as few a strokes as possible, MANUALLY beat in the cooled chocolate mixture to the egg mixture.
Baked in a greased 9x13 pan for about 25 minutes Cool Sprinkle them with powdered sugar when they first come out of the oven or frost as soon as they cool.

2 comments:

Justine said...

Chocolate fudge brownies? Yes, please! And don't worry about procrastinating- I (unfortunately) do it all the time and things still manage to get done.

Katie's blog said...

Thanks for the nice words. The brownies are very good!