Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tastemaker Progran and Bertolli Sauce

Ok, so I received two Bertolli sauces in the mail as part of FoodBuzz’s TasteMaker program; Arrabbaita and Four Cheese Rosa. While I usually make my own sauce – marinara sauces are pretty easy to do, I was intrigued.

It was a very easy supper to prepare. I had some leftover steak – arm steak and chuck steak; not the most tender cuts, but good flavor nonetheless. I took my leftover steak that I had grilled added it to the warmed up sauce in a large skillet and tossed in whole grain pasta.

I have to say that I really didn’t like the whole grain pasta. I have made whole grain pasta before with cold pasta dishes and liked them, but there was something about the grainy texture of the pasta, when I made this that I just didn’t like. The sauce, however, was good, and it added a nice touch to the steak. The flavor of the peppers in the sauce really came through, but they weren’t strong or overbearing.

Dinner was good, easy and healthy. Thanks Foodbuzz and Bertolli!

3 comments:

Alisa-Foodista said...

Wow, that looks delicious

catalink1 said...

Pepper recipes are as abundant as there are types of peppers more info at http://pepperecipes.com/

catalink1 said...

Pepper recipes are as abundant as there are types of peppers more info at http://pepperecipes.com/