Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Doughnut Muffins


The end of the school year is creeping upon us, and I for one, am not ready for it. Looking forward to it, just not ready for it. Anyway, I haven’t been cooking all that much, but I did manage to make some muffins for the kids the other day. Thinking that I wanted to post, I even took a picture of the muffins.

I had made muffins for the boys earlier in the week, only to have them turn out very dry and crumbly. Wanting a muffin that was anything but dry, I turned to my Joy of Cooking cookbook. What I did was take the basic muffin recipe, and make them into doughnut muffins. The boys really liked them, and they weren’t dry at all!

Doughnut Muffins - Joy of Cooking cookbook

2 cups all purpose flour

1 tablespoon baking powder

½ tsp baking soda

½ tsp salt

¼ tsp nutmeg – optional

Whisk together in another bowl

2 large eggs

1 cup sour cream

2/3 cup sugar or light brown sugar, packed

1 stick warm melted unsalted butter or vegetable oil

1 tsp vanilla

½ to ¾ stick melted unsalted butter

¼ cup sugar

1 tbsp cinnamon

Add to the flour mixture and mix together with a few light strokes just until the dry ingredients are moist. Do not overmix; the batter should not be smooth. Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in 1 or 2 of the muffins comes out clean. 12 to 15 minutes. Let cook for 2 to 3 minutes before removing from the pan. If not serving hot, let cool on a rack.

For the doughnut muffin, dip the muffins in the butter and then roll in the cinnamon sugar. Serve to loved ones and have a good day.

Lemon lime muffins next – for my littlest one. Have a great day, and I hope to see you soon!!

No comments: