Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chicken and Sausage - A Crock Pot Dinner


After getting home from vacation, I got back into the kitchen. I guess I am a little strange, because while on vacation, I sometimes think about the food I will cook for my family when I get home – strange I know.

Anyway, I made this little dish in my crock pot, and I think it turned out really well. My husband really liked it and he also said that leftovers were great.


Chicken with Italian Sausage


10 oz bulk or mild Italian sausage – I used pork and salsica sausage

6 boneless skinless chicken thighs

1 can – about 15 oz – cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained

1 can – about 15 oz – red beans, rinsed and drained

1 cup chicken broth – I used stock that I had made

1 medium onion chopped

1 tsp black pepper

½ tsp salt

Chopped fresh parsley


Brown sausage in large skillet over medium – high heat, stirring to break up meat. Drain, spoon sausage into slow cooker


Trim fat from chicken. Place in chicken, beans broth, onion, pepper and salt into slow cooker. Cover; cook on low for 5-6 hours


Adjust seasonings if desired. Slice each chicken thigh on the diagonal. Serve with sausage and beans. Garnish with parsley if desired.


I think for next time, I will put some seasoning on the chicken before I add to the crock pot just to give it a little more flavor and punch. I was thinking along the lines of cumin and garlic along with more salt and pepper.


Have a great day! Talk to you soon.

No comments: