Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Outer Banks Day 2


The second day of our vacation was nice and relaxing. After getting a late start, I took the boys to the beach where my oldest promptly fell into the ocean. I think he was very surprised – he took it pretty well though. After splashing for a bit, we drove around for a while and settled on our lunch place – Dirty Dick’s. I don’t like the name at all, bu the food was very good. We started with fried gator, which the boys loved, and moved on to sandwiches for us, tenders for the oldest and a Meatball Sundae for my youngest. He loved it and ate every bite!

We spent the remainder of the afternoon at the beach, watching the boys get “hammered” as they said by the waves. They had so much fun. I got to do what I have always wanted to do – sit at the beach and read a book. It was so relaxing just sitting, reading a book, and watching my kids play in the water. The sound of the tide was almost rhythmic, and the birds – gulls I think, that flew by all added to the perfection of the day.


When I get time, I will post more of our vacation to the Outer Banks. Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Great picture of the boys with the 3 birds!

Katie's blog said...

I was so excited when I got that picture! Thanks!