Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blueberry Muffin Bundt Cake


I have been eating and loving the fresh fruit that is in season now. This weekend, I tried to make blueberry muffins, but they were by no means picture ready. The recipe said to fill the muffin pan to the top, which caused the muffins to rise up and over the muffin tin, messing up my stove in the process. I then turned to blueberry cakes or bars. I found a recipe that stated muffins or cake would work.


I thought it turned out really well. There was a hint of lemon that could be tasted and the sour cream gave a nice tanginess to the cake. I do think I need to fold the blueberries in better next time. Some parts were a little shy of blueberries and some parts seemed like they had an over abundance of berries.


When I make this again, I think I will add a little more sour cream for more moisture, and I might try a different berry. One of my friends who tried the cake thought that lemon curd might be a nice addition – you know bring out the lemon flavor more. I think I might try that next time.

Here is the recipe for Blueberry Muffin “Bundt Cake”


Blueberry Muffins (Cake)

from Donna Hay Modern Classics 2


2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup superfine sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries


Preheat oven to 350F. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add sugar and combine. Whisk sour cream, eggs, lemon rind, and oil together in a bowl. Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the blueberries. To make a cake: spread batter into pan and bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. To make muffins: fill a dozen 1/2 cup muffin tins about 2/3 full and bake for 12 minutes or until clean toothpick stage.


Next up is something with zucchini. Have a great evening! Talk to you soon!

No comments: