Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Family and Summer


Things have been hectic this summer. Not only did we go to North Carolina, I took the boys to Ohio to see my grandma – she is 99 this year. Look for her on the Today show birthdays in January. I just got a letter from her today - she is remarkable. I am so blessed to have family; more blessed that my kids get to know one of the most important people in my life.


That was a fun weekend. I got to show my boys where I grew up in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I also got to show them were I went to school and I tried to show them the “Big House” – University of Michigan Stadium, but it was locked up tight as a drum.


While in Ohio, we were fortunate enough to be able to spend some time with my aunt, her husband, my dad and stepmom, and my stepbrother and his family. I enjoyed seeing their kids as I don’t get to very often. It was great catching up with my sister-in-law. She is a great person and fun to be around.


We have one more trip to make this summer. We are taking the boys to Memphis to show them our favorite hang outs there. I have posted about Memphis before; we love to visit. I have to say though, that Beale Street isn’t going to be the same with the kids.


My oldest played baseball and is now playing football. I think he really enjoys football – it has a lot of action for him. His first game today was played in the grass after we got two inches of rain. He got a little wet, but he scored two touchdowns and threw a touchdown pass. Not bad for my guy.


I took a judging class with the St. Louis BBQ Society and am not able to judge BBQ contests sanctioned by the STL Society. It was an interesting class; many people there were from judging teams and were trying to get tips to help them with their next contest. We got to try some BBQ – some good, some intentionally bad. It was a tasty lesson – an added bonus to the class.


I hope, after I get on a schedule again, to be able to post more often. I can’t believe how much I didn’t cook this summer. We just weren’t home or if we were, we ate very simple food and tried to not eat too much. Hopefully back to normal in a few days!

No comments: