Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Mexican Chicken Casserole


I know that I haven’t posted in a while. What with school, the kids’ activities, and life in general, something has to give. I did, however, want to share with you this really easy and delicious recipe I made tonight.

At my school, the Foods II class has a program called “Foods II Go.” They take orders for a meal from teachers and other students, and then they cook the meal for those who ordered it. The meal that I just ordered from them was so good I just had to have the recipes. The Foods teacher was more than happy to share them with me, so I am going to share with you! Enjoy!

This Mexican Chicken Casserole is one of the easiest dinners I have put together. The flavors all blend together very well. I think if you want though, that you could add more heat to the recipe with jalapenos or green chilies. I kept it mild for the kids – they loved it by the way.

Mexican Chicken Casserole

1 lb boneless chicken breast (Pork chops really work great for this recipe too)

3 cups Mexican rice, prepared

1 15 oz can Mexican refried beans

1 ½ cup taco cheddar cheese

Spray bottom of 8x8 baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Spread refried beans over bottom. Place trimmed chicken on beans. (I sliced my chicken to make it easier for the kids)

Cover with the prepared rice. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 until chicken is done – about 40 minutes. For the last 20 minutes, uncover, add cheese to cover the top and continue baking. Remove from oven, let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

We had this with a salad and had leftovers. It was awesome!! Talk soon!

No comments: