Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Roasted Red Snapper



Tonight we had fish the boys picked out at Whole Foods yesterday. I dragged them with me on my food shopping venture – took all morning. First we went to the Hill in St. Louis to pick up pancetta, prosciutto, olive oil and some other goodies. Then we headed to Whole Foods for fresh produce and some meat. I bought chicken, chicken sausages, and a whole snapper. The boys really wanted the whole fish, so I bought two for the four of us.
Cooking it was easy. It cooks quickly in the oven at 450 for 20 minutes. I also made some roasted potatoes with garlic, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper. Yummy!!!

Roasted Snapper - adapted from Big Oven
Olive oil – about 3 tbsp
Rosemary – 2 sprigs, minced
Thyme – about 2 tsp, minced
2 large cloves garlic, minced
Zest of one lemon – 2 if you want more lemon flavor
Salt
Pepper
Lemons
2 whole snapper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pat fish dry inside and out.

Combine seasonings with olive oil. Spread over fish and inside the cavity of the fish. Place on sheet tray covered with aluminum foil. Place lemon slices inside cavity and underneath fish. Place in oven and cook for about 20 minutes or until fish flakes apart. Serve immediately.

Not only did the boys enjoy eating the fish, they loved helping pick it out. They also enjoyed touching various parts of the head – learning experience!

On another note, my kids planted seeds for a science project at school. They brought them home, and we have been watering. Tomorrow we will harvest our crops! Green beans anyone? They were excited. I love it when they learn.
Have a great evening! Talk soon!

No comments: