Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Spicy Bean with Bacon Soup


Trying to eat a healthy diet, while driving kids different places, keeping up a house, and working a full time job can be a challenge. I try to cook a couple of entrees on Saturdays or Sundays. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn’t.


This past weekend was Halloween. On Sunday, after I took the boys trick or treating on our street, I made Spicy Bean with Bacon soup. The recipe was given to me by a friend. She found it on Allrecipes.com It was a bit different in that the recipe called for jalapenos and cilantro. It was a terrific fresh soup – the cilantro added such a nice touch – cilantro is one of my favorite herbs. The jalapenos added that extra touch of heat for those who like a little bit of spice in their meals.


I do have to say that this recipe made a huge batch of soup. Calling for two pounds of beans should be a major clue to the amount of soup that it makes. My only change to the recipe would be to soak the beans overnight, rather than the four hours the recipe calls for.


I am looking for more recipes that make a larger quantity of food – maybe not this large – but enough that leftovers are no problem.

No comments: