Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Monday, December 13, 2010

The Best Banana Bread


My kids love Amish Friendship bread. That is the only bread I can make for them that they both like. Unfortunately, I don’t often have starters for that bread. In fact, I haven’t had a starter for Friendship bread in a couple of years.


I have tried to make other breads that the boys will like as much as the Friendship bread, but I haven’t had any luck…..until I got this banana bread recipe from one of my coworkers.


The boys loved, loved, loved the bread! It was moist and flavorful – they totally ate it up!! I was so excited they liked the banana bread. The woman who shared her recipe with me is a wonderful cook. While I try to not eat too many sweets, when I know she is baking, I can’t help it. I have to try whatever she makes.


Here is the recipe – she gave me permission to share on my blog. I hope you enjoy!

Banana bread – do not double

1 ¾ cup flour

1 cup sugar

1 tsp baking soda

½ tsp salt

2 eggs

4 ripe bananas

½ cup vegetable oil – canola oil was recommended

¼ cup + 1 tbsp buttermilk – (use a little cider vinegar with milk to make buttermilk)

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup chopped nuts – optional

Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt. Set aside


Combine eggs, bananas, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla. Mix with mixer until well blended. Add flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Fold in nuts.


Pour into greased 9 x 5 x 3 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes, or put into muffin cups and bake 20 minutes.


Serve and enjoy! I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as my family and my coworkers enjoy them! Happy baking!

No comments: