Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year Chili


Ok, so here is my last post of the year. A while ago, my son wanted me to make chili the way our pastor makes it. I asked him for the recipe and he in turn wrote me a letter describing how he made his chili. Armed with the letter and my two kids, I set off in search of ingredients for his chili.


His recipe is different from mine; where he doesn’t use many seasonings, I tend to use quite a few. He puts his beans in the chili in the beginning, and I put mine in at the end. He uses tomato sauce, and I use canned tomatoes that I chop up. I also use a combination of ground beef and sausage; Pastor uses only ground beef.


I cooked the chili following his recipe for the most part; I did make a couple of changes. I did use tomatoes instead of sauce and I used a combination of sausage and beef. I kept the seasonings the same and used the secret ingredient the recipe called for. I need to ask and make sure that I can post his recipe on my blog. If he lets me, I will be sure to post it.


My son was a totally happy camper – he loved, loved the chili! Thanks, Pastor, for giving me your chili recipe – it will be made often in our house – and you are right, it is very easy to make.


Happy New Year to everyone – I hope 2011 brings much joy and happiness for you and your families.

No comments: