Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Crock Pot Italian Sausage


I have a great recipe for you all – easy and fabulous!!  I got the recipe from a friend of mine who got it from my babysitter.  My babysitter is a great cook – I often have the privilege of smelling her food when I pick up the boys.  Anyway, I tried this sausage and peppers recipe, and my family and I totally fell in love.  In fact, it is on my menu for this weekend.  Yippee!!

Crock Pot Italian Sausage

6 Italian sausages
2 tbsp. tomato paste
½ tsp. dried basil
½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
4-6 medium tomatoes diced (can substitute a large can of chopped tomatoes)
2 onions halved and sliced
1 small green pepper, cut into strips
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
Dash cayenne pepper

In a medium saucepan, brown sausages on all sides.  Poke holes to drain.  Transfer to slow cooker and add remaining ingredients.  Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.

Serve over spaghetti or on French bread

My whole family loved this meal – not only is it easy, it is tasty and healthy.  Using whole grain pasta makes this a good carb meal – just don’t eat too much pasta with the sausage!!

No comments: