Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Monday, May 30, 2011

A New Shrimp Recipe - Totally Rocks!

For Memorial Day, we practiced making burgers for Jakey in June - a local BBQ contest that has a kids' Q contest.  For the past three years my boys have entered the contest, and for the past three years, we have had a blast putting our burger recipes together.  I will post our recipes after the contest.

We also tried a new shrimp recipe - Margarita Grilled Shrimp from Allrecipes - with a name like that, how bad can it be?  Well I can tell you, it was really good.  What I liked most was that the ingredients are all usually things I have on hand.  I only marinated my shrimp for the prescribed 30 minutes - the acid in the limes will start the cooking process if you go any longer, and that might give you tough shrimp.

The shrimp had a nice little kick to it.  I liked the flavor of the tequila, and the garlic flavor really came through.  I only used 1/8 tsp of the red pepper, as I don't like really hot food.  I didn't tell my husband I cut down the pepper.  The more heat the better as far as he is concerned.

I hope you all had a nice Memorial Day.  I always think of my former students who have entered the armed forces and are protecting our country.  This day is really about them, those who fight to protect us and our rights.

4 comments:

Martha said...

I was just made aware of your blog by my sister. It looks like awonderful blog, and I am going to try this recipe very soon.I look forward to following you. I recently started a blog of my own, and it is mostly experimental cooking. So your blog is something I know I will enjoy. Thanks - Martha

Martha said...

I was just made aware of your blog by my sister. It looks like awonderful blog, and I am going to try this recipe very soon.I look forward to following you. I recently started a blog of my own, and it is mostly experimental cooking. So your blog is something I know I will enjoy. Thanks - Martha

Katie's blog said...

I am glad you stopped by. I will have to visit your blog. Have a great day!

R Stopka said...

Hi Katie,

I saw this recipe from Allrecipes too but I didn't make it until you posted to your blog. It's great to know when others think recipes are good. So many times I'll try a recipe I find online and I am disappointed with the outcome. I made them for lunch today and Jeremy said the recipe is a keeper. :>)
Thanks!!

Rachel