Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins

It always happens.  I get this huge urge to cook when I am on vacation.  So of course, when I got home, I cooked.  I made pumpkin muffins for my oldest and lemon poppyseed muffins for my youngest.  I love poppyseed muffins and was excited to find this recipe in my binder.  It seems that I printed it out quite a while ago and never made it.

The only change I would make is to add more lemon; other than that, the muffins were great.  I really like the texture of them, and they were pretty easy to make.  I just pulled out my ingredients the night before and started cooking in the morning.  Enjoy!

Lemon Poppyseed Muffins - from Big Oven



1 1/3 cupsCake flour
1/2 teaspoonBaking soda
4 ouncesButter
1 1/3 cupsSugar
4 EGGS
3 tablespoonsLemon juice
3 teaspoonsLemon Peel; grated
2 teaspoonsVanilla
5 tablespoonsPoppy seeds
1/2 cupSour cream

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter muffin tins for 12 muffins. Sift the dry ingredients (flour and soda) and set aside. Cream the butter in a large bowl and add the sugar a little at a time, beating until light and fluffy; add the eggs one at a time, beating well, then add the lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and poppy seeds. Add the flour and sour cream to this making sure the batter is well mixed. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve warm or cool on a cake rack. The original recipe calls for separating the eggs and whipping the egg whites separately with half the sugar. This meringue is then folded into the batter just before baking. This makes for a lighter muffin, but is unnecessary.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

hello

Good Day, i just want you to know that i really enjoy looking arround in your website
and thanks for sharing imformation

-kathy

Healthandwellnessconsultants.com

Lisa said...

That looks like one yummy breakfast. Like you, I always say to add more lemon. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your muffins up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-23.html

vanzare masini said...

In my opinion this recipe looks so good and for sure it is delicious, so i will give it a try. Thanks a lot for sharing with us.