Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Exploring in the Outdoors and Making a Quick Dinner



Ok, so the other day, I took the boys to Silver Lake with a friend of mine.  We had lunch and then explored a bit of the lake.  Everyone had a good time, and the kids really liked climbing the rocks.  I love summer and the different activities that we get to do.  It is really nice to have such a nice lake right in our own back yard.  It was a perfect day for a picnic and a small hike.  I think we are planning to return to do some more exploring.

For dinner that night, I looked to the fridge.  I had some chicken chorizo sausage, arugula, pasta, and cheese.  I decided to make a light pasta dish with with the sausage and arugula - yum!!

8 oz pasta - your choice.  I used up leftover whole grain pasta
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp olie oil
3 links Chicken chorizo - cooked and sliced thinly
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
5 large handfuls arugula lettuce
pasta water
1/2 cup parmesan cheese - shredded
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions.  While pasta is cooking, heat up garlic and chorizo in a large skillet with olive oil over med high heat.  Deglaze pan with white wine and chicken stock.  Bring to a boil, add cooked pasta and arugula.  Stir to wilt lettuce.  Add cheese and salt and pepper to taste.  Serve immediately.  Yum!!

My oldest just loved this pasta.  It is a really light and airy dish that is perfect for the summer.  Next time you don't know what to cook for a meal, look in the fridge - the answer might be in front of your nose!

No comments: