Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer camp

The boys went to cam for the first time this year.  It was only for three days, but I totally missed them!  I can't believe how much I missed their noisiness, hugs, arguments, snuggles, and all that goes with raising boys.  It was so quiet Monday night and cooking dinner for two was strange.

They went with two of their friends from school.  The camp is located in a small town about an hour away.  There is a nice lake and the boys cabin sat right on the lake.  They told me they had the best view of the lake, but the worst bathroom.

Going to their camp brought back so many memories of my days at camp.  I think my summer camp times were some of the best times from my childhood.

All the councilors at camp had camp nicknames - the boys' councilor's name was "Falcon."

 They had a blast, though, and are ready for more next year.  I have a year to get ready for the empty nest again.  

No comments: