Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Monday, September 5, 2011

Gooey Butter Cake - my favorite!

I know I haven't posted in a while, and I know this isn't a good blood sugar recipe, but sometimes, you just have to say, "What the hell."

I love gooey butter cake; it is one of my all time favorite desserts of all time.  If I am not mistaken, it has its roots in St. Louis history, along with toasted ravioli.  I found a recipe in one of my cookbooks - A Taste of the Hill, a St. Louis local cookbook.  It turned out so well - and it was so easy too!

Gooey Butter Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 stick butter, melted
3/4-1 box powdered sugar to sprinkle over top
3 eggs
1 pkg. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix cake mix, 1 egg melted butter; pat into bottom of ungreased 9 x 13- inch glass baking dish.  mix powdered sugar, 2 eggs, cream cheese, and vanilla.  stir until well mixed and then pour over top of cake mixture, making sure that the cream cheese mixture covers the edges.  Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.  Sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar and cool.


I made sure my eggs and cream cheese were at room temperature.  I personally think that the cake is better today than yesterday.  It really set up well and tasted to me, better.

3 comments:

Marshall said...

Love your tips on food! And I wanted to personally invite you to be one of the top cooking Advisors on ShopSquad, a free shopping advice website where shoppers and your readers can ask Advisors (i.e. you!) for advice.

If you recommend something that is purchased, from cookware to appliances to kitchen gadgets, you get a percentage of the sale. You're already sharing your expertise through your blog, so why not earn more money for it? You can also earn $5 for each of your readers who signs up.

Read our great press coverage (http://www.shopsquad.com/about?vsrc=fd921) or learn how ShopSquad works (http://www.shopsquad.com/howitworks?vsrc=fd921). When you're ready, sign up free at www.shopsquad.com.

Feel free to ask me any questions: marshall@shopsquad.com. Thanks!

Country Life said...

I am going to try this tonight, looks soooo good thanks for posting it
kim

Katie's blog said...

It is the easiest dessert in the world to make!