Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Graham Cracker Banana Muffins

Ok so I went to the store and bought more graham crackers.  My muffins are in the oven as I type.  I just wanted to jot down the recipe so I could recycle the graham cracker box.  I don't have the nuts to put on top - I actually just used the last of my walnuts and totally forgot to buy more.  Oh well; maybe next time.

Banana-Nut Graham Muffins

16 graham crackers, finely crushed
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup milk - it called for fat free, but I used 2 percent
2 tbsp honey
2 fully ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine graham crumbs, sugar, and baking powder until well mixed.  Mix all remaining ingredients except nuts in a large bowl.  Add graham mixture; stir until just blended.

Spoon into 12 paper lined muffin cups; top with nuts.

bake 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Cool in pan for five minutes.  Remove to wire rack; cool slightly.

My boys and I tried one - they took a lot longer to cook than what the directions said.  They were very moist; the moistest muffins I have ever tasted.  I thought they had an interesting flavor - we will see later!

I am taking these to a "Chicken and Beer" dance that Hubby and I are going to.  I hope everyone likes them!

No comments: