Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pumpkin-Chocolate Whoopie Pies

We tried a test run on a dessert for Thanksgiving today.  I think it is a hit!  Pumpkin-Chocolate Whoopie Pies!!  My oldest and I have been checking this recipe out for a while now, and today we decided to give it a test drive.  I know this isn't a good carb choice, but it is holiday time, and the kids need tasty desserts!!!


This is a very easy recipe to make - didn't take much time at all.  My only comment would be about the chocolate mixture.  If one goes by the exact recipe, I think the chocolate will be too stiff.  I added more heavy cream as I was mixing to loosen up the chocolate, and I think it worked out well.  There was also a lot left.  I added some to the pies, and still had quite a bit left over.

The pumpkin cookie was moist, but not too sweet, and I really liked the middle - so did my son - he is cleaning out the bowl as I type.  This will definitely be on the dessert table this year.

Pumpkin-Chocolate Whoopie Pies

2 c. all purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. fine salt
2 large eggs
3/4 c. pure pumpkin puree
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1/3 c. unsalted butter, melted, plus 1/4 c., room temperature
3/4 c. heavy cream
2/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 c. confectioner's sugar, plus more for serving

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees with racks in upper and lower thirds.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, melted butter and 1/4 c. heavy cream. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and whisk just until combined.


2. Drop dough in 2 tbsp. mounds, 1 inch apart, onto two parchment- lined baking sheets. Bake until tops of cookies spring back when gently pressed, about 14 minutes, rotating sheets haflway through.
Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.


3. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat room temperature butter, 1/2 c. cream, cocoa powder and confectioner's sugar on medium- high until fluffy, 2 minutes. Spread filling on flat side of half the cookies; sandwich with remaining cookies. To serve, dust with confectioner's sugar. Makes 10.

Per pie: 446 cal; 19 g fat (12 g sat. fat); 6 g protein; 67 g carbs; 3 g fiber.

Source: Everyday Food Magazine



Enjoy your holiday with family and friends!!!

3 comments:

Alexander said...

My mouth is watering now just looking at it! Super recipe!

Country Life said...

Looks delish! I think I will make some this weekend. Thanks Kim

Katie's blog said...

Thanks for the nice comments! They were good!!