Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mexican Inspired Salad

So tonight I was trying to think of something somewhat healthy for dinner.  This morning we went to the Boy Scout breakfast.  Yum!  I was good though, and didn't eat any pancakes or biscuits.  I did eat sausage gravy though.

So for dinner, I was thinking to myself that a big salad would be great.  Boy was I right.  I looked in the fridge and saw that the only meat that was thawed was some sausage.  I decided to use that and made a Mexican style salad with the ingredients that I had available.  Here goes - sorry no picture, but I wasn't thinking a blog worthy dinner.

Mexican Style Salad

Baby Romaine
Baby Spinach
1 lb. ground sausage cooked and drained
Black Olives
Black Beans - rinsed and drained
Cheddar cheese
Tomatoes
Tortilla chips - broken up

Dressing
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1 Tbsp taco seasoning

I didn't give amounts - use what you would want.  I would next time add cilantro, Avocado, green onions (dang, I had those!) and other Mexican inspired ingredients.  The salad turned out really well, and my whole family wants me to make it again.  I was super excited, because my kids usually complain about salad but they didn't tonight!!!

No comments: